03 July 2016

the prize question

I copied and pasted this from an existing constitution. Which one?

common values
  • human dignity
  • freedom
  • democracy
  • equality
  • the rule of law
  • respect for human rights
  • minority rights
principles
  • pluralism
  • non-discrimination
  • tolerance
  • justice
  • solidarity
  • equality of the sexes
aims
  • promotion of peace, its values and the well-being of its people
  • maintenance of freedom, security and justice without internal borders, and an internal market where competition is free and undistorted
  • sustainable development based on balanced economic growth and price stability, a highly competitive social market economy
  • social justice and protection, equality between women and men, solidarity between generations and protection of the rights of the child
  • economic, social and territorial cohesion, and solidarity
  • respect for linguistic and cultural diversity
objectives
  • to contribute to peace, security, the sustainable development of the Earth
  • solidarity and mutual respect among people
  • free and fair trade
  • eradication of poverty and the protection of human rights, in particular the rights of the child
  • strict observance and development of international law, including respect for the principles of the United Nations Charter

9 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

No clue but I have a feeling I'm going to be shocked.

Anonymous said...

I don't know which constitution this is, but it is the constitution of my dreams.

Colette said...

I can't wait to find out.

Sabine said...

It is the constitution of the European Union, aka EU. That terrible neoliberal set-up, masterminded by the bad bad Germans only to screw the world.
http://europa.eu/scadplus/constitution/introduction_en.htm

Colette said...

Good one.

Lucy said...

I guessed as much. It's a good read.

Ms. Moon said...

Ha! Thought it might be.

molly said...


That was my guess. Boy, don't I feel smart! At first I was thinking the US but, as I got further down, that sounded less likely....

Steve Reed said...

I had a feeling it was the EU! I wonder what the Brexiteers would say?